MORNING SUN NURSERY SCHOOL IS NOW ACCEPTING STUDENTS for the Sept 2016 – 2017 session. Morning Sun has now added extended hours to our sessions to help accommodated working parents .. If you have a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 year old child and are looking for a nurturing, fun and loving environment, please give us a call.. We have been at the Community Church for almost 25 years !!!
Call (516) 432 – 6333 … Judi Benz… Diane Ryan
Our Morning Sun Nursery is a one year program for three year old children. We have sessions in the morning from 9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. or afternoons from 12:30 to 3:00 p.m. with 12 – 13 children per class.
It is our goal here at Morning Sun to provide each child with a nurturing, enjoyable and structured environment, in which they can develop social and school readiness skills. Each day is divided into the following activities:
- Free Play: dress–up, doll house, rice table, kitchen area, books, blocks, puzzles, beads, etc.
- Craft Time: variety of crafts following the theme of the month
- Circle Time: songs, poems, finger plays, stories, discussions
- Activity Time: playground, play dough, cooking, music Snack & Dismissal
Morning Sun Nursery school offers a wide variety of learning experiences for the children. The following list is an example of some of the many subjects and skills the children will encounter during the year:
- Readiness Skills: listening, following directions, completing a task, working in group, sharing cooperating, practice with fine and gross motor skill
- Math: counting, comparisons, shapes, patterns, measuring
- Language Arts: songs, poems, stories, vocabulary development, practice with auditory and verbal skills, name recognition
- Science: seasons, animals, insects, baking, hatching butterflies
- Social Studies: holidays, community helpers, families, friends
- Health & Safety: keeping healthy, brushing teeth
During the school year, we are visited by our local Police and Fire Department as well as a Pediatric Dentist. We feel we have developed a very exciting program and look forward to hearing from you. For more info or to register please call Judi at (516) 432–6333